Many panic when their home does not sell right away. The real time to worry is when months pass by without any offers. Here are the top 11 reasons your home is not already sold.
1. By over valuing your home it will sit for months. The market will always dictate your home's worth. By using recent homes that have sold, it gives you a good indicator of your homes value.
2. Poorly written descriptions without professional photos will be skipped over by active buyers.
3. Being present at the showings is never a comfortable feeling for the buyers.
4. Being too attached to the home and refusing to negotiate will increase difficulty with a potential buyer.
5. Not having a professionally cleaned home can leave a bad impression on prospective buyers.
6. Staging Matters! Maximize space by hiring a professional stager. Size matters and the larger the space, the more desirable for the new home owner.
7. Depersonalize your space so the buyer can envision themselves living in the space.
8. Home improvements that are too personalized can backfire.
9. Cluttered homes even while still a clean home can be an issue. Too much furniture in a room will make the room feel smaller.
10 Homes in need of many repairs will result in the likelihood a buyer will want your home. Many buyers want turn key homes that are move in ready.
11. Choosing the wrong agent will be the worst decision you make. A good agent will make all the difference when selling your home in a reasonable amount of time. Working with a professional will help you avoid the common mistakes people make.
Author:Kelly Olsen Phone: 201-669-7520 Dated: September 6th 2017 Views: 225 About Kelly: Having the right real estate agent means having an agent who is committed to helping you buy or sell...
The Crawford Home Selling Team is one of the premier real estate teams in NJ. Consistently ranked in the top 100 teams in the country, our motto is treat every client like they are your only client. Give us a call and let us show you what we can do for you!
A new survey by Experian indicates that many Americans are optimistic
"For Gordon Crawford:
Gordon made my experience as a first-time home buyer as stress free as it can be. He came highly recommended, and didn't disappoint. I had dealt with a couple of agents before I met Gordon, and both were a nightmare. Moving from Hoboken, Gordon introduced me and my fiancé to the Morris County area. He spent an exceptional amount of time pointing out the local hot spots, pros/cons of neighborhoods, and overall made me feel comfortable narrowing the search. His approach to finding the right home was refreshing, if not tedious, taking us to various listings to see a single detail we may like so he could narrow the search. He often would say, "I know this isn't the right place for you, but what do you think about the yard/kitchen/bedrooms/etc?". When the listing for the home we eventually bought came up, he immediately knew we'd like it.
Gordon walked us through the inspection, negotiation, and closing process. In the rare case when he wasn't able to answer the phone, Gordon's responsiveness was excellent as well. I love the home I'm in, but if I ever need a change, I hope to have Gordon as my agent in the future."