Forget the myth that winter is a bad time to sell your home. While sales usually inch lower in the cooler months, some real estate pros are saying this winter in particular may be a great time to sell a home.
1. Mortgage rates are near record-breaking lows.
2. Home prices are starting to rebound in many markets across the country. The National Association of REALTORS® reported that home prices in December were 11.5 percent higher than a year earlier.
3. Homes still remain a good deal: Prices are rising but remain mostly below 2007 highs, and in many areas, the cost of buying is cheaper than renting.
4. Distressed homes that typically sell at big discounts -- up to 20 percent off -- are still widely available. Short sales and foreclosures accounted for 22 percent of all existing home sales in November.
5. Household demographic changes: Many buyers used to want to wait until the end of a school year before moving, but households are changing and moving schedules are less tied to school terms. That’s because households with children are making up a smaller part of the mix nowadays. According to William Frey with the Brookings Institution, 80 percent of all households in the U.S. do not include children. has declined.
6. Household formation is growing. “Many people who ran into tough economic times several years ago are again looking at real estate ownership,” says Wendy Forsythe, executive vice president with Atlantic & Pacific Real Estate. “Enough time has passed so that many of these individuals have re-built credit, built up their savings and now qualify for FHA, VA and conventional financing.”
Author:Kelly Olsen Phone: 201-669-7520 Dated: February 4th 2013 Views: 1,524 About Kelly: Having the right real estate agent means having an agent who is committed to helping you buy or sell...
The Crawford Home Selling Team is one of the premier real estate teams in NJ. Consistently ranked in the top 100 teams in the country, our motto is treat every client like they are your only client. Give us a call and let us show you what we can do for you!
Food Truck & Music Festival in Mendham this Saturday, June 16th, 11;00
"For Gordon Crawford:
Recommended to us by a friend, Gordon and his team of professionals provided the support we needed to first decide we wanted to sell, determine the value of our home, stage it for showing and negotiate a speedy sale. Gordon listened to our concerns and took our feelings and needs into consideration at every turn. His team is the best. They are truly dedicated to their clients. I would use Gordon again and recommend him to anyone without reservation."